PUBLICATION POLICY and REFEREE EVALUATION PROCESS
- Sosyologca, publishes academic studies according to kinds and subjects specified in the “Purpose and Scope” page. The publication period of the journal is twice a year, in June and December. Apart from this, special issues can be published when necessary.
- Sosyologca, it acts with respect for the tradition of "Turkish Sociology" and "Native Sociology" and considers this sensitivity in its publications.
- Sosyologca is published with a specific theme and file headings in every issue. This theme is determined by the editor/editor board and announced on the website in advance and takes care to be published in this integrity. In the articles sent to the journal, compliance with this theme and headings is sought first. However, in cases where the articles form a certain integrity around the aforementioned themes and headings, the headings of the files to be opened and the articles on the subjects specified in the "Purpose and Scope" section are also included.
- The Editorial and Publication / Advisory boards of Sociologca form a whole that embraces the tradition we mentioned above. For this reason, there is no harm in publishing the articles of the names included in the mentioned committees in the journal -provided that the referee's evaluation passes with a positive opinion-, and even the members of the relevant committees can publish articles in any issue.
- Sociologca, it is a common platform for all academics, especially young people, and those who are outside the academy, to express their own words by freeing them from the chains and limitations of academic hierarchy, community and hegemony.
- Sociologca's editorial policy is to evaluate authors outside of academia without belittling and without criticizing their work in a pedantic manner. Young people are supported to choose their subjects freely and they are given the opportunity to gain their own equipment.
- The magazine will maintain its tendency in this direction in the upcoming period as well, and will continue to be the basis for young friends to speak their own words and reinforce their courage and self-confidence.
- In connection with the sociologist's respect for the tradition of "Turkish Sociology", he can publish the copyrighted articles of deceased sociologists and social scientists. Such articles are not subject to peer review.
- It is essential that the studies sent to Sosyologca should not have been published before and have not been sent to another journal for publication. However, the journal may publish such articles, on the condition that it differs from the first published copy, respecting the right of the authors to change and develop their views, and this must be indicated by adding footnotes to the name of the article.
- If an article is produced from a thesis or conference etc., this must be indicated by a footnote to the title of the article in the studies that are the converted version of the paper.
- No fee is charged for articles published in Sosyologca at any stage of the publication process.
- It is essential to use Turkish in the written language of the articles sent to the journal for publication.
REFEREE EVALUATION PROCESS
- Authors upload the article to the system: The first step of the publication process starts with the author(s) uploading their work through the system on the journal website. All articles should be submitted electronically through the journal system. Author(s) prepare their articles in accordance with journal writing rules and ethical principles. It means that the submitted works have not been sent for publication elsewhere. The articles must be written according to the journal writing rules and the specified footnote and bibliography system must be used. The rules in question are specified in the "Writing Rules" section together with their examples. "Copyright Transfer Form" should be uploaded to the system as an additional file during article submission. In studies that require ethics committee permission, information about the permission (name of the committee, date and number) is given in the method section and also on the last page of the article. There is a section in the article template about this.
- Pre-Editor Review and Plagiarism Screening: Studies to be sent to the journal are reviewed by the editor/editor board in terms of academic originality and language-style, according to the spelling and format rules determined by the journal, and are screened for plagiarism using a plagiarism program. A plagiarism program report is not required during article submission. This job is done by the editor of the journal. In the plagiarism scan, bibliography, similarities of less than nine words, and cited similarities are excluded. The preliminary examination carried out in this context is completed within a maximum of 7 days. As a result of plagiarism scanning, articles with similarity above the 15% similarity limit are directly rejected without being sent to the referee.
- Referee Process (Academic Evaluation): After the field editor's review is completed, the peer review process begins. The study is submitted to the evaluation of at least two referees by prioritizing scientists who have doctoral thesis, book or article on their subject. In the refereeing process, the principle of double-blind refereeing is adopted. The opinions of the referees on the study are taken either through the text of the article and/or through the online referee form. If the author does not agree with the referee's opinions, he can submit his objections and opinions. Communication between the author and the referee is provided by the field editor, provided that confidentiality is maintained. If the referee reports are positive at the point of publication of the article, the article is submitted to the Editorial Board with a recommendation for publication. If the referees' reports are negative, the article is rejected. If one of the referee's opinions is negative, the study is directed to a third referee. The decision is made in accordance with the opinion of the majority.
- Correction Phase: Necessary corrections are made by the authors in line with the referee reports. This process is requested to be completed within 10 days at the latest. Corrections made on the text are marked with red color and submitted to the field editor by the author. The article of the author who delays the correction process despite the second warning is returned with the decision of the editor.
- Editorial Control: The editor/editor board checks whether the corrections requested from the author have been made within 5 days at the latest.
- Referee Control: If the referee wants to see the suggested corrections afterward, he/she checks the corrected version of the article within 7 days at the latest.
- Turkish Language Control: The articles that are decided to be published are examined by the Turkish Language Editor within a maximum of 7 days and the necessary corrections are requested by the author.
- English Language Check: After the Turkish language check, the related articles are reviewed by the English Language Editor within a maximum of 7 days, and if necessary, the author is requested for correction.
- Editorial Board Review: The articles that pass technical, academic and linguistic reviews are reviewed by the Editorial Board and the final publication status is decided. In case of objection from the members, the Board decides by majority of votes.
- Composition and Layout Stage: The typesetting and layout of the works decided to be published by the Editorial Board are made ready for publication. At this stage, the final version of the manuscript is finally presented to the author.
- Data Submission to National and International Indexes: The published issue is in the digital media of reference libraries in Turkey and abroad, within 30 days at the latest; The article metadata is forwarded to the relevant indexes within 20 days.
The journal is open access and all the content of the journal is provided free of charge to the reader or the institution to which the reader is involved. Readers can read, download, copy, search and link the full text of journal articles without permission from the publisher or author, except for commercial purposes. This complies with the BOAI definition of open access.
Authors own the copyright of their work published in the journal, and the journal's open access articles are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0) (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/deed.tr).
The publication of articles and the execution of article processes in the journal are free of charge. No processing fee or submission fee is charged for articles submitted to the journal or accepted for publication.